Social Icons

.

17 August 2012

Interview: Denise Jaden



Loann’s always wanted to be popular and pretty like her sister, Claire. So when Claire’s ex-boyfriend starts flirting with her, Loann is willing to do whatever it takes to feel special… even if that means betraying her sister.
But as Loann slips inside Claire’s world, she discovers that everything is not as it seems. Claire’s quest for perfection is all-consuming, and comes at a dangerous price. As Claire increasingly withdraws from friends and family, Loann struggles to understand her and make amends. Can she heal their relationship —and her sister—before it’s too late?

English Version:

1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?


I remember about twelve years ago reading a book (A Map of the World) by Jane Hamilton. I kept rereading passages because I fell in love with the writing. I think that was the first time I considered writing as something I might try.




2) Tell me something about you and your book Never Enough.



Never Enough is about two sisters and the eating disorder that threatens to destroy their family. I don’t have a sister, but I have struggled with mild eating disorders, and a good friend of mine struggled with a severe eating disorder. I wrote Never Enough because I wanted to understand my friend and her struggle better.



3) While youre writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?

I always fall for the boys in my books (which is a little creepy, because I’m several decades older than them!) But I know them so well that I fall for their hearts. Even the less likable characters in my books don’t give me headaches, because I understand why they do the things they do. Characters don’t generally stress me out. Plots that aren’t working – those stress me out!

4) How have you done your research for this novel?

As I mentioned above, I had a friend who struggled with a severe eating disorder. She told me much of what I needed to know for that particular research. There were some other things in the book I had to research further by making phone calls to the police and that sort of thing.

5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?

The book I mentioned above by Jane Hamilton is one, but also anything by Laurie Halse Anderson really inspires me.


6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?

I visited Romania about fifteen years ago, and it was absolutely beautiful and memorable! I hope one day that my books will be translated and available in Romania, but until then, I wish you much happy reading with the books that are available. Many blessings to you!







Loanna a vrut să fie mereu frumoasă şi populară, la fel ca sora ei, Claire. Deci când fostul iubit al lui Claire începe să flirteze cu ea, Loana este dispusă să facă tot ceea ce este nevoie pentru a se simţi specială…chiar dacă asta înseamnă să-şi trădeze propria soră.

Dar în timp ce Loanna pătrunde în lumea lui Claire, ea descoperă că nimic nu este ceea ce pare. Testul lui Claire pentru perfecţiune, te consumă şi are un preţ foarte periculos. În timp ce Claire începe din ce în ce mai mult să se retragă dintre prieteni şi familie, Loanna se luptă să o înţeleagă şi să se împace. Va reuşi ea să vindece relaţia lor - şi a surorii ei - înainte de a fi prea târziu?

Romanian Version:

1) Cum şi când ai început să scrii? A existat cineva sau ceva, care te-a impulsionat?

Îmi amintesc că în urmă cu 12 ani am citit cartea ( A Map of the World ) de Jane Hamilton. Am tot recitit pasaje, pentru că mă îndrăgostisem de scrisul acesteia. Cred că acela a fost primul moment, în care m-am gândit la scris ca la ceva ce aş putea încerca.




2) Spune-mi ceva despre tine şi cartea ta Never Enough.

Never Enough este despre două surorii şi problemele de alimentaţie, care ameninţă să distrugă familia. Nu am o soră, dar m-am confruntata cu o tulburare de alimentaţie foarte gravă. Am scris Never Enough, pentru a o putea înţelege mai bine pe prietena mea şi lupta ei cu această tulburare.

3) În cursul scrierii romanului, ţi-ai dat seama că te ataşezi mai mult de un anume personaj? Şi invers, ai descoperit că vreunul vă irită?

Întotdeauna m-am îndrăgostit de băieţii din cărţile mele ( este puţin ciudat, pentru că sunt mai bătrână cu câţiva zeci de ani decât ei!). Dar îi cunosc atât de bine, îcât mă îndrăgostesc de inimiile lor. Chiar şi cel mai antipatic personaj din cărţiile mele, nu mi-a dat dureri de cap, pentru că înţeleg de ce fac lucruriile, pe care le fac. Personjele nu mă stresează în general. Parcelele, care nu merg- acelea mă stresează foarte tare!

4) Cum aţi făcut cercetarea pentru această carte?

Cum am menţionat şi mai sus, am avut o prietenă, care s-a confruntat cu o severă problemă de alimentaţie. Ea mi-a spus tot ce am avut nevoie să ştiu. Au mai fost şi alte lucruri în carte, pentru care a trebuit să fac cercetări, cum ar fi să telefonez la poliţie şi genul acesta de lucruri.


5) Este o carte, care ţi-a inspirat scrierile?

Cartea, pe care am menţionat-o anterior de Jane Hamilton este una, dar de asemenea orice de Laurie Halse Anderson, chiar mă inspiră cu adevărat.

6) În final, ai dori să le spui câteva cuvinte fanilor dumneavoastră din România?


Am vizitat România în urmă cu 15 ani şi a fost absolut minunat şi memorabil! Sper ca într-o zi cărţiile mele vor fi traduse şi în România, dar până atunci, îţi doresc să citeşti cât mai multe cărţi disponibile. Multe binecuvântări pentru tine!

Denise, thank you very much for this interview!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates