Social Icons

.

03 May 2013

Interview with the author of In the After!

They hear the most silent of footsteps.
They are faster than anything you've ever seen.
And They won't stop chasing you...until you are dead.

Amy is watching TV when it happens, when the world is attacked by Them. These vile creatures are rapidly devouring mankind. Most of the population is overtaken, but Amy manages to escape—and even rescue “Baby,” a toddler left behind in the chaos. Marooned in Amy’s house, the girls do everything they can to survive—and avoid Them at all costs.

After years of hiding, they are miraculously rescued and taken to New Hope, a colony of survivors living in a former government research compound. While at first the colony seems like a dream with plenty of food, safety, and shelter, New Hope slowly reveals that it is far from ideal. And Amy soon realizes that unless things change, she’ll lose Baby—and much more.

Rebellious, courageous, and tender, this unforgettable duo will have you on the edge of your seat as you tear through the pulse-pounding narrow escapes and horrifying twists of fate in this thrilling debut from author Demitria Lunetta.

Thank you Ms. Lunetta for the opportunity of having you on Shattering Words!

1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?

I've always loved to read and I think that love naturally flowed into a want to write. I also have a very active imagination and am already thinking about stories I could write.

2) Tell me something about your book In the After.

IN THE AFTER is about a girl, Amy, left alone in a crumbling world. She has to change in order to survive a place where monsters are a really well threat. Safety, for herself and a child she rescued, are her main concern. Eventually, Amy has to choose between being safe and being free, not an easy decision.

3) While youre writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?

It's funny that characters do try to go their own ways, and a lot of times you have to reevaluate and direct them to do what you want them to. I definitely love my main character Amy. She's so strong, in ways I can't even imagine. I did have a few characters that weren't behaving, but I ended up cutting them out of the book, it just made more sense.

4) How have you done your research for this novel?

I had to research some green technologies, like solar energy and water collection. I also had to research how an electric fence works.

5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?

There are so many! I love anything YA or anything Sci-fi or Fantasy...and combine them both and I'm done. I used to read THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA compulsively as a child, and as an adult I always reread THE ABHORSEN TRILOGY by Garth Nix, and the BARTEMAES BOOKS by Jonathan Stroud. And of course, anything by Margaret Atwood.

6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?

I just want to say thank you so much! I really hope that IN THE AFTER will be available in Romanian soon...until then I hope you are interested enough to try reading it in English!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates